Thursday, February 5, 2009

Itty bitty Comment In a Bite.

Homesick Wanderlust


I love this post! Your descriptions of the Tube, and the sounds of London had me thinking about "mind the gap!" I find myself daydreaming about some of these things too, having just returned from the semester abroad....I find myself missing and constantly thinking about the little details that made Galway (the city I studied in) so fabulous. It's all of the little details like topping up, riding Citylink, or growing used to one litred cartons as the largest size that I think I took for granted whilst abroad, and now that I'm home in Los Angeles, I can't think of anything else.

Since I've returned from Ireland, there have been times I meditate on Galway, and visualize walking around the streets, stopping at favorite haunts and absorbing it in a way I never do when I'm at home. In retrospect, I wish I had taken more advantage of the proximity of locations in Galway to explore. Now that I'm back in a city where it's practically necessary to use a car to get anywhere, I miss being able to walk freely more than anything.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I'm incredibly flattered! Thank you for commenting on my post, and for what you wrote here. You've made my day! And I'm definitely adding you to my bloglist; I can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete