Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Bookmark This!

If you're anything like me, you probably have a gazillion URLs saved in a bookmarks or favorites folder somewhere. I tend to impulsively click the "bookmark" button any time there's something of remote interest, and end up with folders of websites I tend to forget within a month's time. Through my writing class I signed up for this pretty neat site called Digg that allows users to save, categorize, and share bookmarked sites.

There are a few other pretty interesting sites out there, but the feature that solidified my interest in Digg was the fact that you could highlight and add sticky notes on whatever page you visited. It's like taking a highlighter to the screen and tagging post it notes, without the permanency or the intrusion of little bits of paper everywhere. It has an installable toolbar that has all of the functions that Digg provides. In terms of the services it provides its users, Digg allows them to create groups on the main page.

No comments:

Post a Comment